About New Era Portfolio
New Era Portfolio, a privately- held company, is the global leader in providing fine art solutions. The company publishes, manufactures, and markets limited edition artwork and custom image-based products. Its expertise in managing artists, portfolios and forecasting style trends allows the company to deliver current, vital artwork to corporate and hospitality design arenas and a prestigious collection of retail clients. Through its B2C property, Gallerydirect.com, NEP is quickly becoming a commanding presence changing the way consumers engage with and acquire art. New Era Portfolio's technological command not only delivers fine custom artwork quickly, but also creates web-based solutions for blue chip retailers. For further information, please visit www.neweraportfolio.com and www.gallerydirect.com (consumer site).
The Position: Creative Director
Location: Austin, TX Area
We are a team of the top professionals in the art and design industry, building the new standard of how the world interacts with—and buys—art. We are in the process of redefining, redesigning, and elevating the brand as an aspirational lifestyle brand. New Era Portfolio has been able to offer our clients the best possible level of service and care throughout all phases of their projects and unparalleled art resources. New Era Portfolio has an immediate opening for a Creative Director to join our rapidly growing company.
New Era is looking for a WORLD–CLASS creative, talented and imaginative Creative Director with a proven track record designing leading commerce websites. In your role, you will be responsible for taking great ideas and breathing life into them—making them real. You will take a lead role in redefining the ecommerce experience of art buying and elevating the brand into a hip, trendy consumer brand. You have a deep understanding of the customer experience and how to design and deliver solutions that provide measurable results. You see things differently from other people—visualizing design and development much like an art form. You know what it takes to deliver world class creative solutions and understand that success is fundamentally measured one way only: revenue delivery. Through your success you have an opportunity to truly revolutionize the way people interact—and buy—art in the US and across the world. Lastly, you have been looking for an opportunity to demonstrate something you know: you are the best designer out there.
Ideal Candidates should have:
- Understand how to connect with an aspirational audience on an emotional level
- Significant experience with consumer brands (preferably a lifestyle brand)
- Ten years of UX/UI design experience. At least two years leading other designers as a team leader or Manager
- An eye for hip, cool, and trendy
- Ability to create strong user-centric designs and visually interpret business objectives
- Establish and document guidelines, strive for process simplification
- Ability to help guide strategic execution of projects
- Resourcefulness, dependability, pro-activeness
- Advanced understanding of typography, kerning, leading, grids and visual layout and design systems
- Familiarity with transactional or e-commerce interface design required
- An eye for image selection and strong image production skills
- Must have expert-level written and verbal communication skills with a superior attention to detail
- Current knowledge of technologies, trends and items of benefit in the design industry
- Organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects at once
- Ability to produce flawless work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to create innovative designs and interactions
- A passion for superb user experience
- Contribute to ideation and brainstorm process regarding past and future user interface challenges and focus on convergence and conversion rate improvement
- Design and deliver a user interface in the form of high fidelity reference images, wireframes, flowcharts, and diagrams
- Must provide a portfolio and a clear track record of accomplishments
- Mobile application designs are a plus
- B.S./B.A. Degree
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and updated resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the position/job title in the Subject line.
Our Core Values and Rules of Engagement:
We care about our Co-Workers, our Customers, our Suppliers, our Community, and the ARTs. Our every ACTION reflects this intention.
We do the RIGHT things for the RIGHT reasons - regardless of who’s watching -- or who gets credit.
We do WHATEVER it TAKES. We think outside the box and do our work with personal PRIDE and professional URGENCY.
We talk freely and candidly, agreeing that it’s OKAY to DISAGREE. However, once a decision is made, we all SUPPORT it.
We embrace CHANGE: continuously seeking improvements, anticipating trends, and driving advancements. We are the THOUGHT LEADER in our industry.
Who says work can’t be fun? We WORK hard but have FUN doing it. We ARE where it’s at!
We always put our CUSTOMER first. At every touch-point, we provide our customers the optimal experience.